Monday, April 29, 2013

As a missionary, that is one of my favorite things....

MOM HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR PRESENT AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!! Love YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!!!!

Mom, What an exciting week!!!!!!! I am so glad they were able to come down from Boston and yes I heard from one of our Elders about the Boston Marathon. How sad. I am glad our family was not hurt! So, Elder Tran is amazing and I am so proud of him. All of us at one time or another have to decide for our selves what WE know, what WE remember and WHAT WE LOVE!!!!!! I am so glad he relied on what God told him and what he felt. HE will be an amazing missionary!!!! I am so excited for him!
 
Yes mom I got your package and It made my LIFE!!!!!! I loved your letter and the picture of Christ!!!! Thank you and I have already used 2 of the packages of oatmeal you sent me!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! ha ha. Love you!!!!! Tell Samantha that something special is coming for her soon:) And tell her thank you too for her letter!!!!
 
DIONDRA'S GOING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!! I sent her birthday present like FOREVER AGO and so I was hoping she would be able to open it on her birthday. Its pretty much everything she will need as a missionary!!!!!! But I also feel bad for her because it is hard to leave a people you love!!!!! But now she is needed in Australia!!!!!
 
I am glad you and dad are feeling better! So so so so glad that you both were safe!!!!! Answer to many of my prayers!!!!!!!
 
So lets just say that this week was AMAZING!!!!!!! So with sister Soe transferring now I am just with sister Song. She was my companion last transfer too and I love her SO SO SO SO So much!!!!! WE are very happy!!!!) we decided as a companionship that the best way to get over sadness is to forget ourselves and go to work. And oh boy have we hit it HARD this week!!!!!!!!! Like hard!!!!! The past 3 days we have skipped meals to just go out and work and BOY I have never loved my mission more! We have talked to everyone, shared so many lessons, AND!!!!!!!!!!! On Saturday we had our lesson with Pak-un-yang (18 year old girl) and Pak- Ja- Toon (17 year old boy) and they have both accepted baptism for May 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only is that the amazing part but they are both SO excited. Like seriously, what teenager is excited to get baptized?!?!?!?! But they are. They LOVE the lessons. Ya I think they love us but BOY do they love the lessons. They eat it up and it is just amazing!!!!! Sister Pak does not like coming to church because of reasons she will not tell us ( I don't think the YW in the ward are accepting her) but she still comes to church and is just amazing. She is having a hard time and fights with her Brother, Pak -ja- Toon, But she accepted to be baptized. I explained to her that I don't know all the reasons why God asks us to be baptized but I do know that God wants us to follow the example of Jesus Christ because when we follow the example of our brother, our life finds meaning and we enjoy true happiness. So next transfer/ next month 3 people will receive baptism!!!!!!! I love it. I couldn't be happier!!!!!!! 3 people I love are going to take that step to coming closer to Christ!!!!!
 
Then!!!!! To add to my happiness, on the way home I talked to 4 different people about the Book of Mormon. 3 of them were, at first, interested, but then said they only want the bible. Then the last man said he was interested but he was running late and couldn't carry the BOM.... lame excuse.... I bet if I would have handed him a stack of $100.00 bills he would have been able to carry it.... and the Book of Mormon is Worth even more.... but anyways, I gave him a pamphlet and our number and he said he would call. I hope he does. The reason it was a miracle is because I love doing missionary work and I can't believe I can do it in Korean. Like what in the world... how can I speak Korean????... I have no idea other than the knowledge that God needs me to speak and so when I open my mouth, he gives me words. Man I love this work!!!!
 
The last miracle was something that touched my heart because I really felt the spirit. Right before Sister Seo transferred her and Sister Song were really mad at each other and didn't want to go outside and work... well that's not okay with Sister Ensign. So after a lot of loving them and serving them I got them out of the house. I became Senior and we worked. WE worked hard. The miracle was that as I sat down on the bus to talk to someone, she got up to leave, my heart was a little down because of the contention of my companions but I wanted to work. Right as the woman sitting next to me got up a girl of about 24 years old sat next to me... ya guess what her major is... ENGLISH!!!! So of course I talked to her. She asked why I was here... my favorite question because then I can proudly say " I am a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter - day Saints"!!!!!! We talked some more. I then felt prompted to ask her " have you ever thought why people go to church"... after a long pause she replied " Maybe they go to have something to lean on"... umm okay that was the most spiritual answer of my LIFE!!!!!! About in tears I told her that the reason I go to church is because I need the support and love of my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I lean on them. She then asked what book I was carrying in my hands... umm YA BABY KEEP THE GOOD QUESTIONS COMING!!!!!!! So I shared the story of the book of Mormon. I gave her the Book and she took the book and had the look in her eyes that I just gave her the greates gift I could have possibly given her. I told her if she liked what she read, to call us. She said she would. We have not gotten a call yet, and I don't know if we ever will, but I loved that moment. In a time where I was down because of contention, I felt the Love of God as I shared the greatest message with one of Gods Children. What a good moment on my mission!!!! I am so thankful God is blessing me with the ability to teach his children in Korean. I am not worthy of it but he is still helping me because all he's got to work with is weak, doubtful, natural man Nicolle. But I am finding that with the little faith I do have, and the determination I have to be like Christ, he is helping my weak things become strong. I couldn't be happier and I know now more than ever that God is Merciful. So merciful!!!!!!! Yes, we are natural men, but God works with what he's got and he thinks that what he's got is pretty special... Its amazing.
 
So today I have thought a lot about Chelsea today and I read a talk in the OCT 2012 Gen conference by Elder Bowen. I loved his words. He said "I testify that this life is not he end. The spirit world is real. The teachings of the prophets regarding life after death are true. This life is but a transitory step forward on our journey back to our Heavenly Father. I testify that the veil is thing. The same feelings of loyalty , love, and family unity don't end as our loved ones pass to the other side; instead, those feelings are intensified. Sometimes people will ask, ' how long did it take you to get over it?' The truth is, you will never completely get over it until you are together once again.... Remember as you attended the funeral of your loved one the feelings in your heart as you drove away from the cemetery and looked back to see that solitary casket - wondering if your heart would break. I testify that because of Him, even our Savior, Jesus Christ, those feelings of sorrow, loneliness, and despair will one day be swallowed up in a fullness of joy. I testify that we can depend on Him and when He said; 'I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you'.....Because He lives, they and we shall live also....." Oh I just loved this talk. My favorite part of the talk is when he said, "the veil is thin". I can attest to that as I have had the help of my Angel, Chelsea, helping me and also EVERY time I testify to investigators that in the spirit world we have missionaries, my heart is filled with warmth knowing that one of those faithful, amazing missionaries is Chelsea. Man I love her and I miss her like crazy but how amazing will the day be when we can get together in heaven and make up a dance and a cheer to welcome our other loved ones home:) As a missionary that is one of my favorite things. I get to tell people that one day they will return with their loved ones and live happily with God Forever. Not only do I have a testimony about that but I depend on that testimony. I NEED that to be true! I need to know that I will see her again. I need it. That is why I love the truth that I have. I love it because I NEED it! All of us do. All of us NEED this happiness that comes from being a disciple of Christ.
 
Well mom, I love you. I hope your birthday is amazing!!!!! Mothers day is coming up and I can't wait to talk to you and the family!!!! I love you to the moon and back!!!!!!!!
 
 
Love Sister Nicolle Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment