Sunday, August 25, 2013

I am so thankful for the wonderful miracles God gives me every day............

Oh my goodness!!!!! I just love your e-mails mom and the pictures are so great. I cant believe Samantha is going to be in Jr. High and that bubba will be a senior. SO CRAZY!!!!!! Ha ha and grandma with the peppers in her bag!!!!! AGH crazy! I love it. And I am so glad to hear that dad is doing things with the the elders in our wards:) My ward mission leader was a GEM this week! So he is a farmer and when it rains it is vacation time for him. So the only 2 days so far this summer that he has gotten a break were Friday and Saturday because it rained non stop!!!!!!! So guess what he did with his free time... he drove us to all of our appointments and came with us to them. he knows we spend SO much time on buses that he helped us and the Elders to all of our appointments so that we could schedule a lot of appointments that day. We went to a Less Actives house and spent time with her and her family. The less actives, Sister Beatric, her husband committed suicide 10 years ago and so she is trying to raise her children on her own and it is hard to manage house problems too. So when the ward missionary leader was with us, he checked out her house and helped her fix some problems. It was so special. And THEN, being the amazing man he is, he set up an appointment for us sisters at a members house who said they wanted to refer someone to us to teach the gospel. The ward mission leader did tat all on his own. he didn't' tell us until that night that we were going to meet this family but it was amazing. He is an amazing man. If I cant have dad as my ward missionary leader, I 'll take him. Brother Wang. i love him!!!!!! An amazing man with a love for missionary work. A ward missionary makes all the difference!!!! Love it. I know the elders probably LOVE dad!!!!!!! Agh.... Dad would be the greatest American ward mission leader!!!!!
 
So lets talk miracles for a second..... HOLY MIRACLES!!!!! Miracle Mokopo baby!!!!!! So lets start by saying Sister Youoo is still excited for her baptism on September 8th! We met her this week and wanted to review the Restoration and really focus on prophets. We wanted her to be prepared for the baptismal interview question  - Do you believe God restored the gospel through Joseph Smith? do you Believe Thomas S. Monson is Gods living prophet today? So we spent time on that and we talked about Joseph smiths experience/ first vision. Greatest moment on my mission!!!!!!! I look into her eyes and I say the first vision. As I am speaking her eyes start to fill with water. I finish and it is silent. she is crying and is looking from me to sister Wadsworth screaming "what in the world is this feeling". After a LONG silence I asked her "do you believe it?". She was still silent and then started laughing and said "will you read it again so I can feel that feeling again". Ha ha I laughed and read it again, this time she laughed with joy and said "I believe it".... umm okay greatest moment of my LIFE!!!!!! I was seriously sitting there in SHOCK! Never have I had an investigator that moved by the first vision! It was amazing. We asked her plain and simple the 2 baptismal questions and said "yes, I believe". Like is this really happening? Miracles.... WOW..... So That was amazing.
 
Then the other miracle was yesterday we went to church and I felt impressed to send a text to an investigator we have not been able to contact forever. So I texted him the time and place that church would be and start. And after sacrament he comes strolling in with his 17 year old daughter. He says to me,  "We need this right? My daughter also needs this right?"....when I was woken up from my dream I said,  "umm yes".... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. What in the world?  Like yes sir, you and your daughter need this. So now Ginny, his daughter is our new investigator! Love it!!!!
 
Miracle Wednesday: We were JAM packed with appointments. We met 2 new investigators and Sister Youoo and A Less active. The first new investigator is James; JAMES!!!!!!! He said he wants to study the bible together. He wants to be more educated with the bible. He said he wants to read it in English to better understand. Umm..... yes James, we can TOTALLY help you with that. We also told him that when we cant understand the principles in the bible or we need them better explained we have this other set of scripture that helps us understand and I think that scriptures name is... the... BOOK OF MORMON. ha ha ha. Ya,  so we were pretty excited to meet him! Then we met the less active. She has not liked the elders because they just want to get her to Church. I told her we had the same plans but we also wanted to be her friend. She totally opened up. She told us honestly that she does not like keeping all the "rules"/ commandments.... She gave me a skirt and said " I actually like mini skirts better... you have this one" I told her she would need this one for church but she laughed and put it in a bag for me to take. It's really cute. But we became really good friends. She warmed up to us. She wants us to visit weekly:) Ya baby!!!!! She is so nice. We actually had an appointment on a different island and didn't know how to get there and so she offered to drive us. So nice. So our less active was helping us do missionary work. Ha ha. Good stuff. We will help her. I feel good about her:) THEN there is the new investigator, Sister Pock-gyung-hee. AAAGGGHHH I love this woman. We dug her out of the dirt with all the questions we asked and she totally opened up. She said she is not happy with her husband and wants a better life. She said she wants us to teach her kids English so they have better confidence. We explained that through our gospel and our message, she can receive that happy life and she and her family can find FULL confidence in life. She was so cute and really interested. The best part is that she does not have English interest. We asked her that after we finish teaching our message if she will be baptized:) She said  "YES". AGH miracles. So this coming week we will give her a date to work for:) Miracle Mokopo!!!!
 
Okay along with all these miracles, God is truly helping me and my companion with the language! It is incredible. We teach simply and understandably and to their needs and it is only because God is helping us. All the time people don't' believe me that I have only been in Korea for 8 months. And I tell them it is because God needs me to share this message in Korean and he is helping me. My sweet companion is like my best friend. We have the spirit in our home and I love her. I am so thankful to have her as my companion. I am so thankful to serve in Mokopo. Not only for missionary reasons but it is so beautiful here. I live right by the ocean. Today we are going to take a cable car to the top of a mountain that looks over the ocean and all the different islands by Mokopo. Should be fun. But most of all, I love working for the lord. My companion was so smart and pointed out that this is not our mission, it is not my mission, it is the lords mission and I am here to represent him and help him. What a great calling. I love it. I love being a missionary. I am so thankful for the wonderful miracles God gives me every day. Me and My comp decided we are going to write a book and name it "Miracle Mokopo".  ha ha ha. I seriously love it though. I love missionary work. I love my investigators and members! I love you mom! I love you dad. I love you Sammy. I love you Bubba. I love you shmee. To the moon and back.
 
Sister Cole Ensign
 
ps. YES mom I got your package.... the twix bars and resons were HEAVEN SENT . Thank you so much. I love you to the moon and back. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment