Sunday, August 11, 2013

I was born to serve my mission in Korea, nowhere else........

Don't worry mom.  But, I have been really sick the last few days.   I was too sick to call in to the mission conference call that we do every week ( every missionary calls president shin on a mission conference call every Monday) and he wanted to talk to me personally, which never happens, because he wanted to tell me I was doing good work so when I wasn't there he announced to the whole mission that I needed a blessing and that everyone should pray for me to get better… ah ha ha ha ha awkward…  
 
Dad I wish you were here!!!! The mission pres. on the conference call told the elders to give me a blessing…. so they called when I was awake and told me what the mission pres. requested… and I reluctantly said okay, and I told the elders I would be thankful for a blessing,  but sometimes when you want a blessing, all you want is your dad.  But I was reminded by the spirit that it is the same priesthood.  I will try to rest today.


Another great week in the most beautiful place in the Daejeon Mission. MOKOPO!!! I love it here! Oh my goodness!!!!!!! I am so blessed to be serving here. Not only is it beautiful, but the members here are amazing and the people are nice and our investigators are the cutest things in the world. This week we were able to make a family of 4 our investigators and they are amazing! they are English interest but they are the cutest family in the world. I love them!!! AGH seriously!!!! I love this family!!!!!! The mom has a LOT of potential. She listens and really thinks about God. The husband said he believes in science but there have been 2 times in his life where he was desperate and he prayed to God and felt peace. And the 2 kids are TO DIE FOR!!!!!! AGH I am so excited to work with them. They came to English class on Saturday and we had a blast. the Kids are REALLY shy but we played an English game using Uno and we had a blast:)So great things are happening in Mokop!!!!! We also have been eating with members and it is amazing to get to know these amazing members. They have So much faith. The one member we ate with has only been a member for about 8 years and it was when his daughter was born that he prayed and asked God how he could be the best he could be just for his daughter and he was then introduced to the gospel. The Church is definitely a family thing!!! The gospel blesses families! So ya, I am really excited to get to know these members and do good missionary work:)
 
Speaking of missionary work…. yesterday at church we got a visit from the stake president….. ya lets just say he is EXTREME about missionary work…. Its the greatest thing in the world. He gave a talk in church and after his talk members came up to us and gave us referrals and told us to have our investigators to their house for FHE and all of these amazing blessings. Also last night after church the entire stake got together and had a missionary fireside. So remember the family from my greenie area that I cried my eyes out with I had to say goodbye…. well they were there…. So even though I was throwing up me and that sister were just in eachothers arms crying we were so excited to see each other. She told me she has thought about me every day and that she prayed I would come back to this area. Her prayers were answered. She said her husband had some friends in Mokopo that they want to introduce us to.  They are so cute. It was such a tender mercy to see them again. It was so hard to say goodbye to them, not knowing if I would ever see them again. So ya, I just love this mission because you meet people you love and you realize just why you got called to the place you got called. I was born to serve my mission in Korea. Nowhere else. I needed the people here and the people here needed me. The sister I was hugging looked at me and said “This is so weird but I feel Like I have known you forever…. you are my daughter. Why do we feel like this?”. It was a tender mercy to see her again and we cried again when we had to say goodbye. Her son looked at us and said “Why are you crying again”. ha ha ha ha. She hit him and said “You don't understand”.  I just love them~!!!!!!! I am so thankful to be serving here again in my greenie stake:) miracles happen and dreams come true.

Speaking of dreams come true I want to tell you of my favorite Mokopo member. her name is Kim Joo. She is a convert to the church and she is literally PERFECT. I want to be just like her. She is the most Christlike person I know. Like I wouldn't be surprised if she got translated. She is amazing. She came to our English class on Saturday and she is just amazing. AGH I love her. But she is so humble and kind and sweet and AGH. I just love her. When We saw her at the English class and our investigators were there she said in perfect English and in the sweetest princess voice “God answers prayers and dreams come true”. She is amazing!! She is 34 years old and not married and at first when I hear that I was sad because she is not married. But no one deserves her.  She is too amazing! When we were waiting after English class for the bus, she shared her conversion story and told me “Sister Ensign you remind me so much of the missionaries that taught me. Through your energy and sweet spirit you will help many people”. It was so kind of her to say that because as you know I do a good job at beating my self up but I have amazing people all around me to lift me up. I’m on cloud nine right now and don’t plan on coming down until I am forced to leave Mokopo. ha ha ha. 
Miracles are happening. we don’t have an investigator with a baptismal date yet, but I can feel like its coming. This are is ready. 
 
This week in personal study I found a great scripture in Romans and I also ran across dad’s favorite scripture. And they all gave me a lot of strength. Dads scripture,  where Paul is teaching and he says “For I am not ashamed of the gospel”...... I love that!   As a missionary I am not ashamed and I never will be because I know who gave me this gospel. Christ. And also,  in Romans chapter 8,  “For we are saved by hope; but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?…. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, Who can be against us?”. God is with me. I see him everywhere. I know he is there and not only is he helping me with this missionary work, but he is giving me tender mercies of happiness and times that I will never forget  and people I will remember forever. I love my mission. I wish every one would serve.
 
I love you to the moon and back.
 
Love Sister Cole Ensign

p.s. mom I got the letter with the money this week. Thank you so much It was needed!!!!!! Truly a miracle that you sent me money!!!! Thank you!!!!! Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment