Monday, January 20, 2014

...sometimes our faith produces different miracles than we thought, BUT THE MIRACLES DO COME!!!!!!.

Well goodness mom. I just love your letters/ e-mails. I am so glad you got my Christmas package... sorry it was so late:( This week was really good:)  God always seems to shoot you through the roof when you hit bottom;) But this week was so great!!!! This week I was able to just put my head down and pray and give it all to the lord!!!! And oh did the miracles come. Oh so by the way..... I'M TRANSFERRING TO MY GREENIE AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING BACK TO GWANJU !!!!! I still cant believe it is real and at the same time I am devastated to leave Mokpo but I feel at peace. I feel like I have done what God has needed me to do in Mokpo. Speaking about that. That feeling has come through the realization that I am Gods servant and there is no way I would be able to lie and say that I have been doing this work in Mokpo alone. I first off have had sister Scott and like..... hello.. God never leaves his missionaries. he is "before our face. on our right hand and on our left and he is lifting us up"!!!! So true!!!! And so I was thinking a lot about faith this week. We are told in Ether that if you have faith you can do this.. that ...etc. Well we are also told that it was through the faith of the missionaries in the Book of Mormon that so many were converted. Well I thought to myself "hmm... is the reason I don't see baptism's because I don't have faith?".... THE ANSWER IS NO. I do have faith. Just sometimes our faith produces different miracles than we thought , BUT THE MIRACLES DO COME!!!!!!. And if they don't seem to be coming. WAIT.. Well I read this amazing talk that I want to share a part of it with you;

I recently saw a deeply moving film that traced the history of the Willie and Martin handcart companies. In May 1856, two successive groups comprised of more than a thousand Saints left England to immigrate to Utah. When they arrived six months later in the Salt Lake Valley at the end of their perilous journey, more than 200 of them were missing. Most had died of sickness, hunger, or exhaustion along the path leading to the place they called “Zion.”
One of the pioneers featured in the film deeply impressed me. He flooded the company with his good humor and enthusiasm. He was, however, not very typical of most pioneers. A small man and severely handicapped, he was a miracle in himself! I learned this valiant pioneer was Robert Pierce of Cheltenham, England.
One of his traveling companions described him as “one of the worst cripples I ever saw to be a traveler. His lower limbs were paralyzed and his body badly deformed but he was strong in the faith. He was able to propel himself with surprising speed with the use of crutches.”11
One day Robert Pierce took the wrong path and lost sight of the company. Several men set out to find him and finally found him in a very uncomfortable situation. I cite their words:
“To our horror we saw around an old tree two large gray wolves prowling around, and half a dozen eagles hovering over the tree waiting for him to quit his screams and gesticulations with his crutches so they would pounce upon him and devour him in his cramped position under the roots of the tree. …
“We arrived in time to save him from his pending fate, took him out and placed him on the cart we had brought, placed him in position to ride back to camp.”
And now, an insight into the well-tempered character of Robert: “How the poor fellow begged us to let him walk as he said he had promised … when we started on our trip that he would walk every foot of the way to Salt Lake City.”
Then, the sad part of this story: “However, we only saved him to travel a few days longer, when at the close of the sixth days march his trouble in this world came to an end and he was buried on the banks of the Elkhorn River.”12
Sister Jolene Allphin, who compiled the story of Robert Pierce, said of him: “It is truly remarkable that Robert Pierce had already traveled 600 miles on his crutches before he succumbed to the hardships of the trail. His heart’s desire had been to gather with the Saints in Zion and not be a burden to any of his fellow travelers. … Robert did not want any handouts or special treatment.”13
Brothers and sisters, I asked myself the following question: Why would God, who had miraculously saved this man of great faith from the wolves and the eagles, allow him to die on the side of the road only a few days later?
His passing is one of great serenity. In the film, he says, shortly before the end:
“The missionaries taught me that I am important and that someday I will be superb! …
“I always wanted a strong body. Now, I am going to get it. When you get to Zion, think of me.”14
With respect to Robert Pierce, I think of words from the epistle of Paul to the Hebrews:
“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
“… They that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. …
“But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly” (Hebrews 11:13–14, 16).
At the end, Robert Pierce realized that his ultimate destination was the kingdom of heaven, not the Salt Lake Valley.
Thus it is the same for all of us. The promises of the Lord assure us of our final destination. The itinerary for each of us will vary according to the foreknowledge of God. Our circumstances may change, unexpected events may occur, challenges may arise, but the promises of God to us are assured through our faithfulness.
Sister Anne C. Pingree wonderfully outlined what it means to have faith in the Lord’s promises. She began by quoting Elder Bruce R. McConkie as follows:
“‘Faith in its full and pure form requires an unshakable assurance and … absolute confidence that [God] will hear our pleas and grant our petitions’ in His own due time. Believing that, we too can ‘stand fast in the faith’ today and tomorrow.”
Then she continued:
“It matters not where we live or what our individual circumstances may be. Each day our righteous living can demonstrate a faith in Jesus Christ that sees beyond mortal heartaches, disappointments, and unfulfilled promises. It is a glorious thing to possess a faith that enables us to look forward to that day ‘when all that was promised the Saints will be given.’”15
My brothers and sisters, the circumstances of my life today are, obviously, very different from what I had planned when I was your age. However, I don’t believe I’ve ever been so happy. If one had given me, when I was 20 years old, the account of my life up to the present, I think I would have signed without any hesitation on the dotted line!
 
 
 
 
There are two things I want to share with every one reading this. A: As a missionary I want everyone to know that you too can be SUPERB. God has given us a Plan and a WAY ( the way is Jesus Christ). to be SUPERB!!!!!! Don't ever forget that God ONLY SEES YOU AS SUPERB!!!! He has never seen you as anything else because SUPERB IS WHO YOU ARE!!!!! WHO YOU REALLY ARE. and B:  Just like Gerald J. Causse said in this talk- I too could look at the lay out of my mission as it has been and was asked if I would do it. again;  I too would sign on the line with out hesitation. YES!!  This mission is not what I had expected it to be but it is still SO WONDERFUL because it's not been me in charge, but God and I love this mission. I have loved every experience. Even the hard ones and the stressful ones (yes even New York Times)... just kidding. But I have loved my mission because it has not been my plans.. This mission has been Gods and I am so thankful!!!! I love this work. It is BY FAITH THAT MY MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERY WEEK. God IS giving me miracles and I do have that faith. Sometimes I wonder as maybe Brother Percie did like,  "umm okay God I have faith and I'm acting.... so like why am I not getting what I expected." Luckily unlike Brother Percie I will not die, but like him, I am getting that greater reward. And that is to do the will of the father. There is no greater work. I love this work. I love being a missionary . I will miss Mokpo and my loved ones here but I am willing to go where the lord wants me to go!!!!
 
This weeks miracles were meeting an AMAZING couple who are SO PREPARED!!!!!!!! We met with them and the they knew missionaries from 12 years ago and loved them and now they are SO SO SO excited to meet with us. Sadly I will not be there but because I am sister Training leader but I will be able to come back to Mokpo and see how everything here is going:) haha ha. Oh ya...l I'm sister training leader. So still training but on a different scale.  Wish me luck.

God bless you all. I love you all to the moon and back.

Sister Nicolle Ann Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment