Monday, January 20, 2014

So up until the day they kick me out, I will preach and declare to the people in Korea GODS WORD!

Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! I think you are old. end of story.

Just kidding. love you dad. Yes I think you are old but holy cow... for an old guy... your pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you to the moon and back. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

So I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not going to lie.. I was TOTALLY missing Mokpo for a few days... but who wouldn't... but yesterday at church and after we went with members and I was reminded how much I love this are!!!! I am so excited to serve here and.... ah, its such a blessing to be back and to see all of the people I use to love and still do love. Minus one family;  WHO WAS WITH YOU TODAY!!  For all who don't know, one of my favorite families in Korea,  who is from Gwanju, had their daughters wedding in Utah and they went and met my family and sent me pictures. ha ha . AGH the best!!!!! I love it. I am so glad you finally met them. They are amazing and I love them so much!!!!!!

So our ward is doing really good at focusing on missionary work and now we are just working on baptizing the people they have given us. The work in Gwanju is really moving along. It is truly a blessing to be here.... again.... :) I think I could go down as the luckiest Korean missionary. Anyways. Not lucky... blessed;) So we spent the last few days getting things ready for the area. We had to take time to talk about our investigators and we had a LOT of meetings for Zone leaders, AP's and Sister trainer leaders. It was so intense. It helped me to realize that my responsibility as sister trainer leader is bigger.... than... I thought... ha ha ha. Anyways. Good stuff:)
 
We were able to meet with the bishop and his family and we were able to look up old investigator records and go search for some and we found a sweet lady who wants to meet again. 
My companion is 이다슬 and she is the cutest. Love her. Oh her name in English is Lee Da surl:) Love her. Her personality is dedicated yet relaxed. Like she is obedient, persistent, wants to get good work done, but she doesn't let the bad stress get to her. LOVE HER!!!!!! She is just what I needed:) Love it. 
 
This week it was a bit sad to hear about some of the problems in the mission and with our sweet sisters. I am thankful that I will be able to meet with them and see if I can help them. This mission is really changing for the better. We have been getting more and more baptisms as a mission and it is truly because of what changes President Shin is doing. Not that what President Furness did was wrong or bad, he was amazing,  it is just different and that's what we needed. Isn't God so smart?;) I love it. So yes. I have been in close contact with the ZL's DL's AP's and the sisters. Yesterday our sisters in one are had a baptism and it was the niece of My investigator in Mokpo, Sister Pack. I was not able to say goodbye to her because she didn't answer her phone... what's new... but I really hope this baptism will get her thinking.!!!!!!!! So yes. I was happy to hear that~!!!!!  IT was hard to say goodbye to Mokpo... Like I had a good cry.... but it was just so satisfying to me to feel like I did everything I could have done for Mokpo, my members and investigators. I feel like I gave it my all and I felt okay with leaving
That is something I have decided is that I am done trying to met my "expectations" and trying to do what I thought I would do. I have decided to just do everything my leaders tell me and to just give it all to the lord. Because at the end of my mission, the only one I will want to have pleased on my mission is the Lord. This is HIS work. I only want to do his will and his work. Though we BOTH wish we could see a bit more success... we are working. And yes, I do realize God is helping a lot more than what seems to be. I love being a missionary. Yesterday in Church I was asked to introduce myself and give my testimony over the pulpit and I shared this scripture; 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God. I have been called of Him to declare his work among his people, that they might have everlasting life".  So up until the day they kick me out, I will preach and declare to the people in Korea GODS WORD. His healing, joy filled, peaceful, forever and ever words. This is his work. I Am so thankful to be able to do this. 

Before I go I want to point out that God DOES answer prayers. So a few weeks ago I was down that none of our investigators could meet and that things were a bit rough. I prayed. Oh did I pray. And the week I left I saw SO many miracles. Person after person on the street, at the door, randomly on the phone, wanted to meet and they had REAL interest!!!!!!! The day I left we met a new investigator who wants to learn about the Mormons.... well who better to ask right. And DURING that lesson a lady called me, from a flyer we hung up saying we teach free English, and that she wanted to meet. Just all of these HUGE blessings and miracles. And now I'm ready to make them happen in Gwanju too:)

I love you all to the moon and back. This church is true. GOD IS A GOD OF MIRACLES. EVEN TODAY!

to the moon and back:)

Sister Collie Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment