Sunday, December 1, 2013

If there is one word I could use to describe my mission, it is Humbling......

This week my favorite couple from Gwanju,  my first area,  came to Mokpo and gave us 4 referrals of their friends:),  it was amazing and a miracle. They also gave us.... 20 pounds of clementines, grape juice, tomatoes, and other food... they LOVE ME AND I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! It is funny because their son is actually dating this girl/ practically engaged , and the brother, keeps saying "its not for sure... you could still marry him".ha ha. Its funny. They are more worried about me being their daughter in law than their son being happy. So funny. Anyways. It was so good to see them and they said they would hook us up on hotels all around Korea. So if we want to go to Jejedu island (not sure how to spell it sorry) (it is a famous island in Korea), then they could get us a hotel there. But I think you have to pay for a different flight there...not sure. I will ask.). Anyways... they are going to help us get around and have fun when you come here to visit:) ANYWAYS!!!!!

So it sounds like  Satan sure hates returned missionaries and is making his attack on them. WE have to stay strong. I never want to be a returned missionary. I will just keep the badge on. We can go on splits mom until Dee gets home;)

I actually loved that talk by President Monson. WE had a sisters conference that Sister Roueche did(Amazing). And we watched part of that talk. Prayer is so crucial and so amazing. All the time with people try to bible bash with us we just always go back to that fact that through prayer we can ask God to know the truth. Luckily he has already done that for me. I know the truth. And we ALL have access to know. WE just have to ASK!!!!!!!!

So think week...agh. I am just so humbled and sincerely grateful for this amazing work I can be a part of. I love being a missionary. And I am so thankful to be serving with my AMAZING companion, Sister Scott. I love this girl.She reminds me so so so so much of Sister Gelder. (who I miss EVERY DAY). So it is good to be with her. Especially because she has a heart of gold... and...she loves Christmas!!!!!!!!! So important!!!!!! We have so many miracles together and it is truly humbling to be together. we have had so many humbling experiences. So let me tell you how amazing my comp is. Well... here she is, not even one transfer into her mission, trying to speak Korean, and over come ALL the fears that come from A:being in Korea. B: speaking Korean. C: being a missionary. D: Korean.... E:Korean....F:Korean....And G:Korean... ha ha ha. But she just pushes past those fears and we talk to everyone. (great example of my Sister Diondra!!!!) Well on the bus 2 weeks ago Sister Scott sat down and talked to a grandpa. I was talking to someone else but I was so proud of her because it is NOT easy to understand grandmas and grandpas so I was so proud of her for trying. Well she got his number and we called him a few days later and setup an apt. Well.... we got weird texts from him. Like all these pictures of flowers and hearts. ha ha so we were kind of nervous to meet him. Come to find out those texts were just part of his work. ha ha ha. Well we meet him.... umm.... ya... hes SO PREPARED!!!!!!!.  He had cancer for 10 years and recovered and now wants to find out why God saved him. He is researching ALL churches to find the truth. HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness. I was so happy!!!!!! The first investigator to come to church in a whole transfer!!!!! I was so thankful and The whole time he kept saying " I really like it here. It is so free and the feeling here!!!!... Agh... it's amazing!!!!". Our ward mission leader because his best friends.They where holding hands and everything. (men do that in Korea... they are very touchy here:)) Well he just kept saying to our ward mission leader (which by the way dad... HE REMINDS TOTALLY REMINDS ME OF YOU!!!! How?... he is SO friendly. Talks to everyone.  Loves everyone. And he is SO loyal to His faith. It is amazing. I actually asked him for a blessing yesterday to prepare for NYT!!!!!!!! It was like having you here Dad. Such a blessing!!!!! Anyways). The Brother Kim (I have decided to name him Dave because I think of Dee's recent convert, the older man named Dave , and if I could imagine a version of Dees recent convert, I would think of Brother Kim. So from now on I will refer to him as Dave:)). So Dave kept saying how we had this light.... sound familiar:) And he felt like God guided him to us. Amazing. So my sweet companion found our next recent convert. Dave has the baptism date for December 22!!!!! WE taught him and it was so spiritual and wonderful . He prayed like he was born to. He came to church like he has been dying to. And he loves the ward like he's lived with them before.... aka... he has... aka. pre earth life:) That was a joke:) Sorry.. jokes these days are a bit.. on the ....dry side...  
So that was an amazing miracle. I will keep you updated on Dave:)

Sadly sister Pack was not able to met this week because she was really sick. We stopped by here house to give her some "get better treats and she was SO thankful. She even told me she loved me.  Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! So keep praying for her. She will come around. We saw so many miracles this week and it was just a good week. 

Well mom and dad.Good week. I love you so much. I can't thank you enough for supporting me and cheering me on. You have no idea what it means to me. I love you both more than I can even say! Here on my mission I have learned to be more humble. If there is one word I could use to describe my mission it is Humbling. :) During exercise this morning we listened to some conference talks and I was reminded of the quote - " The world has enough women who are tough. We need women how are tender. There are enough women who are coarse. We need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude. WE need women who are defined. WE have enough greed. WE need more goodness. WE have enough fame and fortune. WE need women of Faith. WE have enough vanity. We need more virtue. We have enough popularity, we need more purity". I love this. I feel like my mission has really made me desire and has helped me be the women that we need MORE of. This world is failing in its accountability of Good women. I am not as good as I want to be. But I sure am better than where I use to be and I am so thankful for the Woman God has molded and refined me to be so far. He has a lot more work to do, but he's still working. And I love the change that I have experienced so far. I will never to back. Like Elder Holland says - "I have put my hand to the plough and I will never look back". I hope we all.   Each day, strive to be a little better. Let us be loyal to the author and finisher of our faith. 

I love you to the moon and back.

Sister Cole Ensign

Dee!!!!! Go baptize that Korean Girl!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment