Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I love this work and it just can't end......

So like... so many miracles this week I will have to do a bullet point.

* So we meet every Wednesday with this little young woman, Sorl Jee min. I will call her Min. Well she is the one whose dad abuses her and she wanted to end her life. Well we have been meeting her every week and been going on dates and just trying to share the "good word". AND I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO  TELL YOU THE CHANGE IN HER!!!!!!!! I have a testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Christ's Atonement works. And as missionaries it is a HUGE blessing to be a part of the amazing experience of being the hands that help change people through Christ's Atonement. Truly amazing. I love being a missionary. Yesterday Min had a talk and shared her testimony of the restoration and Joseph Smith. It was amazing. She told everyone that she wanted to later be a missionary who could share this message with others. :) She use to be this really shy, no smile girl but when she stood up on that stage she had a smile that filled the room and confidence of a daughter of God. Because that is who she is.
 
* Our investigator, Sister Go-san-oak!!!! We had our lesson with her and we felt impressed to sing my favorite song "abide with me tis even tide". And we end and she was quiet and said "I feel something. When you sing or with I hear your message I feel something". We explained to her that it was the spirit telling her heart Gods message. She smiled. She also confessed to us that she has NOT EVER PRAYED ON HER OWN AT HOME!!!!! And what was our lesson on that day.. PRAYER. God told us exactly what she needed and then she did. ha ha ha ha. Truly amazing. We committed her to be baptized and she didn't answer. She said she would pray about it. WE are really trying to work with her because she is just so so so so close.
* I HAVE A TESTIMONY OF ENGLISH CLASS!!!!! This weeks English class was HEAVEN ON EARTH. It changed my life. We started using our English class as more of teaching opportunity instead of a service thing. so we  teach an hour of English and then tell everyone, hey if you want to hear a good message about god, just stay:) and then we teach about 30-40 minutes of a gospel message. THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING. we taught about the Book of Mormon and LIVES WERE CHANGED. we had 8 non members there asking SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! It was truly a bit of heaven as we answered their questions. they all asked if they could meet with us to learn a bit more about our message. So amazing. I am so excited to be a missionary. Our investigator, Brother Kim Jing Hoon was asking so many questions. we are asking him to be  baptized this week so please pray for us. He is a famous volley ball ref who travels the world and he is so so interested!!!!! But I just want to bear my testimony that it is through small simple ways that gods greatest work is brought to pass. just read the bible and you can see how Christ did it through those small and simple ways:) Look at me. I am very small and simple:)

* The things I learned through Sister Najuttes Dad,  aka a stake president: Love makes us vulnerable to heart break, but invulnerable to temptation, filled with good works, unburdened by selfishness, pure in heart, fearless (perfect love casts out fear), and ultimately like God... True Joy is the loss of self". Though I still do struggle to completely give my self, when I do, THERE IS THE JOY. !!!!! TRUE JOY!!!!! Also I loved the quote he shared by Thomas Pyane. And coming from someone who LOVES AMERICA I wanted to share this quote:) "These are the times that try men's souls. the summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink form the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of men and women. Tyranny, like Hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheep, we esteem to lightly. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated". Now please look at the word freedom and remember that true freedom is eternal life with God and Jesus Christ. And it is not easily won. 
  
* From the talk by Sherie Dew- "Choose carefully who you listen to, and then listen. Choose carefully who you will follow, AND THEN FOLLOW." 

I love being a missionary. I am crying.. again. I do that a lot these days. I love this work. I love it and it just cant end. It wont. ha h ha. Reality check will come,  but I'm avoiding it as long as I can. This work is Gods work. I know it. 

I love you mom. Thank you for... everything. School, e-mails, keeping me updated, and raising me to know what I now know. Because of what you taught me as a girl, I know now as a woman. As girls we need our moms. And as women, we need our God. ... and our moms.  But I want you to know that I know. Thanks for the help. I cant wait to be a mom:) We were on a hike with our investigator this week with the ward and he asked me what my dream was. I thought of you Mom. Being a mom and changing the world through that amazing calling. Mom, Korea, Australia, and soon Ireland and Scotland have to thank you. And so do I. Oh ya, hey dad, I have not forgotten you:) You are to thank too:) I love you both so much. Thanks to my sent from heaven Parents:) I love you to the moon and back:)

Sister Nicolle Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment