Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Forever Disciple of Jesus Christ

I am glad Samantha's surgery went well. She's so strong. Love her. Looks like you and dad had fun at the waterfalls. So beautiful. Isn't it amazing how creative and beautiful Christ's creations are!!!!! I love nature!!!!! But the reason I want you to buy the house in Idaho so bad is because after my mission I am going to want to be as far away from any type of CITY that I can.  All of Korea is a city. I never see anything but big buildings....... so nature would be nice. I am really sorry about Uncle Robs mom. I will pray for the family! But Isn't amazing to know that this is not the end!!!!!!!!!!   Maybe I could send them a letter. I will do that today:)

 
 Thank you so much to everyone for the letters!!!!! It is always so nice and everyone is so supportive!
 
 
So this week was the greatest week because my investigator Sister Lee received baptism and the gift of the holy ghost. I honestly can tell you I didn't think I would ever see a baptism on my mission. I don't know why, lack of faith maybe. But now I know they happen and I am thirsty for more. But seriously Sister Lee is the most humble, sweet, patient, loving investigator and now my Recent Convert. I remember when she finally said she would be baptized I was excited but still nervous because I was afraid that because of all of her questions she would drop out. Yes my lack of faith is something I am working on. But I can say my faith is strengthened especially as I bore my testimony to her at her baptism and I saw her eyes of love and faith. I will never forget that moment. I don't know if you remember when I first got to this area I talked bout how my faith was tried when my investigator started talking about polygamy and I didn't know all the answers. Well that investigator is sister lee. I wish I could express the progress she has made. She went from doubt to the faith of a giant and it was the greatest miracle to see. I love her. I feel like I have just had a baby and all I want to do is love on her, hold her, and not let anything happen to her. I am trying to baby her by calling her every night, which she says she loves, and I will continue to meet her on Thursdays and we will discuss all the lessons again and watch the Restoration Dvd, etc. Because she was married a week ago, at her baptism we were talking about how in one year we can all go to the temple together. So I might be flying back to Korea in a year:) I will live for that moment. I love sister Lee and there will never go a day where I wont think about her.
 
 
 
Right after the baptism we met my investigator sister Kim a rahn.....  who told me while we were meeting that 1: she actually hates missionaries and only likes me because I am American and teach free English and 2: she then asked me why I looked so sad..... Ya that lesson was fun.... ha. But it was really a shocking moment for Sister Kim when she asked me "What do you want to do while you are in Korea?" She was expecting me to name some historical sites, or places I want to go or things I want to eat. But as I thought about it. I laughed, looked at my companion and said , "Actually sister Kim, all I want to do is to tell every Korean about Jesus Christ. This message is important and everyone needs to hear it."    But I hope it opened her eyes that I'm not here to tour, I'm not here to teach English, I'm not here to be the cool girl from America who speaks funny Korean, I am here to teach people about Jesus Christ and about his restored Gospel. I hope she one day understands.
 
 
So to give a little background on my missionary life. Now that sister Lee is baptized I have 3 investigators. And all of them have English interest.........It's a little rough. But wow, I wouldn't change it for something easy because there is nothing greater than working hard and going to the Lord and telling him I tried my best.  Yes it is sometimes heart breaking. I'm working my butt off and so at the end of the day I am both sad and feel some peace that I am trying. I really have been working on my faith.  But this week I really prayed for the faith that God has prepared children out here for me to teach. They really are out there. I believe this week we will see some miracles! I know my next Sister Lee is out there and she is dying to meet me. I love this work. Wow, do I love it. Yes Its hard work, but I plan on doing hard work for the rest of my life. I'm going to work hard because something I am learning and becoming on my mission is a FOREVER disciple of Jesus Christ. Elder Holland's talk last gen con he was speaking from Christ's point of view to Peter. "Peter do you love me? Then why are we here? Why are we back on this same shore having this same conversation. Isn't it obvious that if I want fish I can get fish? What I need peter are disciples. And I need them forever." Also from that talk are the words "Our message is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless it is not hopeless. It is not  to be consigned to the ask heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God and it is to change the world". I say that every time I contact on the streets. This week no one has wanted to talk to us. There are SO many missionaries in Korea and the Koreans are so sick of missionaries.  So to put it simply, sometimes when I try to talk to people, I feel like they would rather eat dog poop than talk to me. Its a "great" feeling. ha ha. But I think of that talk by Elder Holland. I think of this message. I think of all the people who will meet me in heaven and say "thanks for trying to share the message with me!!!" It's hard and I love it. If it was easy I wouldn't be able to feel my saviors love as much. This week was both a miracle with sister lee,  and a trying one for me and my companion. We love our message, but it's hard finding people who want to listen and feel. But I have the faith my Sister Lee is out there. I know they are:) I love this mission. Thank you for all the prayers, love and support. They are real and I feel them so thank you!!!!!! I love you to the moon and back!!!!!!
 
 
Love Sister Nicolle Ensign
 
 
 
p.s. Yes this week was hard but I am still happy. Still so happy because I am the one with the truth, the one with the book that has the truth, and the one who feels the constant love of her Savior and Heavenly Father.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment