Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Armpit Tea


Hello my beautiful Family!!
So That is SO SO SO cool about Taylor Hunts little brother!!!!! I will totally look for him and funny it is taylor Hunts borther because one of my mission friends, here in Korea, has a girlfriend who is really goodfriends with Paige hunt and we were just talking abut them yesterday:) so funny. Such a small world. Oh I am so excited for him. Tell him he will love it and to prepare for the best 2 years out of the country! Agh, so exciting.
 
Sounds like Samantha had a good birthday and I am so glad her gift arrived on time!!!! So great. And I am so glad she is excited and thrilled about the temple. It is so cool because here on missions the thing we love to teach about is the temple and how we can have eternal families and how we can care for our loved ones who have passed away. I always love showing people we meet a picture of the Salt Lake Temple. Just this last week I showed two new girls we met and they both want me to take them to the temple. They thought it was so beautiful. It was amazing. Temples are just so great.
 
Ha ha I am so glad dad is enjoying coaching basketball!!!! I bet he loves it and is super good at it!!!!!! By the way speaking of dad. I just got Shmees batch of letters with the pictures of you guys at grand america. First off, HOW FUN!!!!! Thank you so much for sending me pictutres! It is always so great to see you all in action!
 
So this week. Agh, what a miracle week:) So great. So this week we got a call from Sister Hoe who found 2 girls in our area that want to meet and "be taught english and hear the good bible words". ha ha. So we met up with them at this way cute little coffie shop, we all ordered hot coco and talked english and bible words. they asked us to give them English names and so we named them Sunny and Camille. THEY ARE THE CUTEST THINGS IN THE WORLD. They are shmees age and prett\y sure if they came to america, they would be best frieds with us. Oh my goodness I love them! After we met with them they said they wanted to come to church and then randomly throughout the day we would get texts or pone calls from them having them tell us how much they love us! Oh I love Koreans. They also really love our message. I am hoping we will give them the baptisimal invintation this week.
Speaking of baptism... KIM HAS CHOSEN AGAIN TO GET BAPTIZED ON MARCH 17!!!!!!! She thinks by then she will be able to be off coffee and to receive baptism commitments!!!!!! Oh we were so excited for her and you can tell she really desires it!
 
Sadly we were not able to meet the other investigatiors this week because it was the korean holliday, Solar. It is where everyone gets together and celebrates everyones birthday and the new year. So ya. It is a really cute holliday but NO ONE can meet. So instead of meeting, President Furness had us deep clean our appartments. Which was also good because it needed to be done!
 
This week was good becuase we were able to prepare and study and pray hard for our investigatiors. We were able to really think about the needs of our investigators and just really prepare for them.
 
Another miracle happened this week:)And a funny story to go along. So this week we went door knocking and.... we were let into 2 doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a miracle. My comp said she has only been let into a door a handful of times on her mission and in one day we were let into 2!!!!!!!!!!!! So great. The first apt we went into, it was this kind Grandma who sat us down and demanded to feed us. She brought us a drink called Moo. So we looked it up on the phone to see if it was a tea we could drink and the definition came up as 1; Armpit... 2; radish tea. so we were hoping it was the second which was okay for us to drink. So without thinking twice we take big gulps...... Instantally we both start gagging. HARD.... gagging like puke was about to come up. Luckily the grandma was in the different room because we were both crying and gagging and laughing because it was probably radish tea but it tasted like armpit tea.... My companion grabed un unpealed orange and took a bite to get rid of the taste and I was continually gagging. ha ha ha ha ha ha . we contiuned to drink the drind in big gulps so that she wouldnt be offended that we didnt drink it all... ha ha. So that was interesting. Luckily she was so nice and gave us other food and we shared a message. She didn't want to give us her number or meet agan, but we were happy she let us in. The second door was not near as funny but we shared a message and spent time with the family. They also didn't want to meet again, but we were happy they let us in:) What a great blessing!
 
So mom I also got your letters this week with the valentines card. Thank you so much. I am using that money today to treat myself to a good meal:) Thank you so much. I love you mom and dad!!!!!
 
Being a missionary truly is a blessing. I am so thankful to be able to be here sharing this wonderful gospel. Lately my testimony and understanding has grown in the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. What a merciful and wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father Has given us. I am so thankful that he gave us a way to not only help our lives here be happy, but for us to be happy in the eternities. God truly loves us and is so merciful. So because I have wanted to make the Plan of Salvation easier for my investigators to understand, I drew a little sketch of the Plan of Salvation. I sent a copy of it in the letters. But when you see it I want you to look at the spirit world. I thought hard aobut how to draw it. I wanted my investigatiors to know that there is missionary work in the spirit world and that their loved ones could have a chance to accept the gospel. I also was thinking of Chelsea up in Heaven and the work she is doing in heaven. She is working hard to teach the souls in heaven. Both of our work is so important and we are helping Gods Children understand the questions to their souls and how to be happy, and most important, that they have a loving heavenly Father. I love this gospel.
 
I am so thankful to know that we have a loving heavenly father who gave us this amazing plan of happiness so that we could enjoy life and return to him and be at peace forever. I love this gospel.
 
Also I read this quote by president Eyring. "I dont depend on what has happend in the past.. i recieve the promise of Moroni often. I don't take that belssing of a testimony for granted as a perpetual entitlement". We can recieve moroni's promise that the book of mormon is true again and again and again. I know we can all do that. I loved Samathas letter where she prayed about if the church was true, AGAIN, and she got an answer AGAIN. YEA!! God will constantally let the spirit REMIND us of what we know and what is true. I know I receive that witness every time I share the book of mormon with others. I know it is ture. I know this gospel is true and I love being a missionary who can share truth and love with others.
 
Well I love you all so much. Thank you for your support and prayers. I love you to the moon and back.
 
 
Sister Nicolle Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment