Thursday, March 7, 2013

What I do know....



Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!! I don't think I could be any happier!!!!!!! ha ha. Oh my goodness my companion and area are AMAZING!!!!! But before I talk about how happy I am I first want to explain what an emotional wreck I was last week as I said goodbye to my favoirte couple in Gwanju!!!!!! So they heard I was being trasfered so they took me and sister Hurt out to eat at this REALLY expensive place and they invited two potenitial investigators!!!!!! the food was great and we took a picture which I will send and then Sister Jung came up to me (she is super good at english and lived in america so she talked to me in English) and said " I want you to know how much you have touched our hearts and we will remember you forever." Then her eyes filled with tears and so of course so did mine and then she said "It will be hard.... but we love you". AGH I cried like a baby as she hugged me!!!!!! and she made me promise I would come back to see her again. Mom, I can't even begin to explain how amamzing she has been. She has been you here in Korea!!!!! She literally is the Korean version of you and saying good bye to her was like saying goodbye to you again! SOOOO HARD! So ya. I really was sad to say goodbye to my members and investgators but I know God needs me here.
BUT now that the sadness is explained let me tell you how happy I am!!!! Umm, okay, I thought Gwanju was good.... well Junju is AMAZING!!!! Oh my goodness, I love the members here and the investigators are amazing and we are SUPER SUPER busy. I don't think I have been more busy in my entire life. So let me explain how much I love my new companion!!!!!!! Her name is Sister Song (in korean her name means Grace). WEll..... she is the korean version of Jen Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness I don't think I have stopped smiling. ha ha ha ha. She knows not very much english and the only thing she really says is "it's okay", "Sister are you okay" " I am so happy". ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh my goodness and she goes 100mph yet is really slow and foregts everything, including her mind somethimes, but oh my goodness we have so much fun together. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE HER!!!!! She has been so amazign. She is just serving me like I am a queen and she just loves me!!!!!! I love sister song!!!!!!
My first night here we went to the ward mission leaders house so I could introduce myself and while we were there we played the guitar and ate oranges. Talk about happiness!!!!!! surprisingly the members are mistaken that my Korean is really good. They say my accent is really good and so they think because I have a good acent that I know all the korean vocab.... well I may sound like I know korean but I don't.... ha haha. It is great fun.... ha ha . I just nod my head and say thank you ha ha. It is funny. but yes, the korean language is coming. It really helps having a korean companion. She speaks english while I speak Korean. We are able to communicate but sometimes we misunderstand eachother and it is really funny.!!!!! Luckily we do understand eachother when it comes to our investigators and lessons. Which leads me to an interesting story...
So 2 days ago we had a lesson with an investigator who studied english at BYU and met the missionaries there and now is meeting with us. She really is amazing but..... she is caught up on how we use to do polygamy.... so the enitre lesson was in english and was her asking questions and me answering in english those questions about polygamy..... ya..... lets just say it was the hardest lesson of my life!!!!!!!! But it was also the easiest because I had the simple answers. I told her it comes down to her praying about all her questions and praying to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet or not. She came to church the next day and then said she would like to come to church every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya buddy! so ya,..... I hope she prays becuase I know if she prays, she will receive an answer. We will ask her to be baptized next week!!!!!!!! Love her!!!!! But that night after the lesson I just layed in bed thinking about the lesson. I also got confused about the doctrine of polygamy and was actually doubting a little of what I thought I knew. Well I knew what I needed to do to get the doubt of my mind. I of course went back to what I knew my testimony was. Which is very simple, but I know it. I know that God lives and loves His children. I know Christ suffered the Atonment and that the atonment power is the greatest power we can use through repentance. I know Christ died for us becaue he loves us and he made a way for us to return. I know that way is Faith, Repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. I know that the reason I know the way is because God restored the church through his chosen prophet, Joseph Smith. I know he was a prophet. I know that God loves both his chilren in Jerusalem and he loved his children in America and so he talked to all of his children and that is why we have both the bible and Book of Mormon. I know the Book of mormon is the word of God. I know That I can live with my fmaily forever because of the promises we have made in the temple!!!! That is what I know and that is all that matters and it is what makes me happy!!!!!!!
Also this week there was a member who fell in love with me and so he took us (me and my comp and the elders) out to dinner. ha ha. Well he is an old man and loves old korean dishes and so we ate super korean food which was pig blood intestine soup. oddly enough, it was really good. haha. I am serious. I really do love korean food!!!!!!!
So yes, my week has been REALLY good. Many ups and downs but mainly ups!!!!!!!!!!!! Siter Kim is still planning on getting baptized and Sister Hurt said she will keep me updated:) so yes. I love serving in Korea!!!!!!!! I love my new comp! My favoirte part about her is that she likes to be clean and smell good!!!!!! Oh I love it!!!!!!!! She also makes good korean food for me and we just have a lot of fun!!!!! I Love her!!!!!
Well I love you all so much. I am so happy to get your emails and I fell your prayers every day!!!! I love you all to the moon and back. Mom, thank you for the e-mail!!!!! Give everyone a big hug and kiss for me. And Dad, go smoke something in that new smoker of yours!!!!!!! ha ha!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Sister Nicolle Ensign
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling girl, and amazing missionary! Such an inspiration ")

    ReplyDelete