Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Im Thirsty!

Best email ever! I am just sitting here crying becaue Iam so happy. Agh!! I couldn't be happier right now. Mom it sounds like everyone is doing good. Hunter making snowballs, diondra, sam in soccer, dad pulling kids behind 4 wheelers and you just
loving it all. Our famly is amazing and seriously we are so blessed. I can't believe I get to have you forever. I am so happy. Agh!!!!

It has not been too cold here. There was one day it was REALLY cold but luckily we had a meeting with a bunch of other missionaries and the President and so we were inside most of the day. So not too bad. And luckily the lord has blessed me with a warm coat, scarf, gloves and boots so I am doing just great. The coldest I get is during Church because the don't head the buildings very well, and so we are justbsitting there not moving so it is a little cold. But luckily I eat really healthy here and so hopefully I am not going to be getting any sicknesses becasue of bad eating. haha. And so ya, I am doing great. Hey just so you know I sent dad a b-day package in the mail so tell him to look
for that and also tell samantha that her b-day present might be late but that it is coming.
So kim is doing good. we send her scriptures when we can't meet with her and she loves them. She is still planning on getting baptized on Feb 17th. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers. I love her so much. Another miracle is that the Elders investigator, Sam, chose a baptisimal date yesterday at church. He said he was touched by all the testimonies in church and he knew that he wanted to be baptized. So amazing. He is an awesome guy too. He is really smart and he knows
that baptism is something serious and should not be taken lightly. I really hope satan does not get to him. I was talking with Sister Hurt and the one way satan effects the Korean people is by taking away their time. They are SO SO SO SO busy all the time and school is so hard and so people don't have much time to meet us and if they can meet us they ususaly can't go to church on sundays... it's either one thing or another. But you do find the prepared souls who are willing to make any sacrifice to be a life long member of this church. It is amazing.
 
Also our other investigator Kim-duk-een... well, he is such a stinker. We tried playing "hard-to-get"with him and the last time we met with him it was so great. He really wanted to change and jsut be the best person... he still does not want to get baptized... but we are working on him. He is a teenager who is mainly english interest but the thinks the gospel is fasanating. Last time we met he said he can tell that those who believe in God are happier than those who don't and he says he want's to be on the happeir side. ha ha. So we were happy to hear that. Kim-duk-een is so funny. He reminds me a little bit of hunter. I love him. We also are tying to get his moms attention. She litens to our lessons but does not participate. But she goes to another church and so we hope we can spark something with her too:)
Korean language is coming more and more every day. It is really fun and frustrating and exciting and really a beautiful language. I am really starting to understand and speak a lot better:) Hey mom will you please send me- downstairs in my green cubbord is the "bible made easier". If you could please just copy the section about Revelations, that would really help. Thank you.
 
So lately I have just had the deepest desire for Hunter to serve his mission here... I am really hoping that he will. ha ha. Not sure why I just thought of that. But I would love love love that!!!!!! By the way I sent you my new years resolutions to give to Grandma Franklin:) I really feel good about them and I bought a journal to write the progress of my goals down each day:)
 
So this week I went on splits with Sister Hoe. She is Korean and it was so much fun. The best part about it was that we had a lesson with 2 women from the Phillipins (not sure how to spell....just lke every other word.... ha ha) But lesson was taught in english so that they could understand and so I did most of the teacing. It was so great have the spirit directing me what to say and what to ahve them read and it was AMAZING!!! Such a powerful and spirtual lesson. We taught about the restoration and the Book of mormon. I taught her about Moroni's promise and she was truly sincere and had the desire to do it. Sadly becasue she is not my investigator I wont see her again, but it was great:)The spirit was so strong and I really hope she will take the steps to coming unto christ:)
So a few other things about Korea that I don't remember if I have shared , but I sent a pic of the bathrooms.... in korea the entire bathrom is your shower, the sink the toilet the mirror, everything gets soaking wet becasue the koreans take the shower head off the hook and water goes everywhere... haha. It is really fun trying to adjust to their showers. Another thing is that we eat on the floors. The floors are heated and so sleeping, eathing, studying, etc, are done on the floor!ha ha. One of the hardest things for me during meals is the fact that they don't drink water. Like NO water... ha ha. So I get really thirsty and then get distracted that I am so thirsty.... luckily they have a lot of soups in the winter so that helps. But I am drinking like a camel always after meals. ah ha. its funny. Luckily
 the food here is really healthy .
 
My personal study times are my favorite parts of my day. I am so close to the Lord and I feel him leading and guiding me in the work. It is amazing. This morning I did study the talk "forget me not"by elder Uchtdorf. I loved when he said " Forget not to be patient with yourself... God isfullaware that you and I are not perfect. And let me add; God is also fully aware that people you think are perfect are not... it is part of your mortal experience that you do have weaknesses. God wants to help us to evetually trun all of our weaknesses into strenths... and if we stay on the path of discipleship, they WILL!!!!... Let us not walk the path of discipleship with our eyes on the ground, thinking onlyof the taks and obligations before us. Let us not walk unaware of the beauty of the glorious  earthy and spirtual landscape that surrounds us.... FORGET NOT THAT THE LORD LOVES YOU.. YOU ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN". I loved that talk. Such good words for me and another on of our investigators. God is aware of us all the time. We are his children and he knows us.
 
I love this gospel. Not just a few parts of the gospel, but I love everything about the gospel. I know I am doing the greatest work right now and I love it. I wouldn't be anywhere else if I had the choice. I love you all to the moon and back. you are all inmy prayers and I can't thank you enough for your love, prayers and support. Like my 80 year old friend Pete would always say, "God bless you". I echo his words. Love you.

 Love Sister Nicolle Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment